Volunteers are essential to our Center’s weekly operations, outreach, and programming. Schedules are flexible, training is provided, and you can be sure that your efforts will be appreciated.
Potential volunteers are asked to complete a Volunteer Application and will be interviewed by the Holocaust Center’s volunteer coordinator. If you have any questions, please call 407-628-0555.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
Event volunteers represent the Center, chat with visitors and keep programs running smoothly. In addition to annual events that are held at the Holocaust Center, the Center also hosts many educational events throughout the community.
Patron Experience Volunteers
The Holocaust Memorial Resource & Education Center of Florida is seeking passionate Patron Experience Volunteers who will provide administrative and logistical support to our Center.
As a Patron Experience Volunteer with the Holocaust Center, you seek to provide a welcoming and enriching experience to all guests, and to represent the museum’s mission at all times.
- Greeting and orienting Patrons to the Holocaust Center in a welcoming and enthusiastic manner. This includes providing a brief overview on the exhibitions in the museum and pointing out key components. (training will be provided)
- Showing Patrons how to work with the audio tour, as well as the virtual reality tour of Anne Frank’s hiding place “the Secret Annex.”
- Collecting brief Patron data that assists the Holocaust Center with grant reporting.
- Responding to patron’s questions to the best of your ability; providing patrons with staff contact information for any questions on which further clarification is needed.
- Representing the Holocaust Center and its mission to create a moral and just society free of all forms of prejudice at all times.
- Other specialized projects and events available dependent on your interests and professional development.
What You’ll Bring
- Customer/client service focus
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability while being a strong team player
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Passion for the Holocaust Center’s mission
What You’ll Receive
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Opportunity to be in on the ground floor of a growing organization set to open a new, state of the art, iconic museum in 2023.
As a volunteer, optional 2-7 hour shifts available during museum hours as follows:
Monday through Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm
Saturday through Sunday Noon – 4:00pm
UpStanders Field Trip Volunteers
Every school year, thousands of students visit the Holocaust Center as part of the UpStanders: Stand Up to Bullying Program. Volunteers help students complete a series of questions related to the permanent exhibit. This is an informal way to act as a museum docent and interact with middle school students. Field trips are generally two hours in length.
The Holocaust Center also provides internships for students. For more information about internship opportunities please call us at 407-628-0555.