Your Voice. Your Power. Your Vote.
With the election coming up quickly, it will be important to be informed not only about changes in the voting process, but on the issues. This lunch and learn is being hosted by the League of Women Voters and will help you understand how to make truly informed decisions. During this session, our speaker, Denise Burton will touch on the following topics:
- review the history of voting in the US, starting with the inception of the declaration of Independence in 1776 to present day.
- discuss the importance of voting. She will highlight some very close races to help you understand how your personal vote truly does make a difference!
- explore the top reasons why people chose not to vote and show the solutions to those concerns.
- discuss how and where to register to vote. The on-line voting process will be especially critical this year given the pandemic. This presentation will provide important dates and deadline information to ensure you don’t miss your voting opportunity.
- present resources that will help you be the best educated voter!
See the recording:
Below are some useful links you are welcome to explore prior to this lunch and learn: