Anne Frank Teaching Trunk
Materials About Anne Frank for Classroom Use
The Anne Frank teaching trunk is customizable by grade level and subject and is appropriate for students in grades 5-8. The content includes books and audio-visual materials from the Holocaust that portray the tragic events from the perspective of a teenage girl.
The Anne Frank Teaching Trunks are created on demand based on the classroom teacher’s requirements and goals. Typical contents might include some or all of the following:
Class sets (up to 30 copies) of:
- We Are Witnesses (Text)
- “Anne Frank in the World: 1929-1945” (newspaper)
Single copies of:
- Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl – Definitive Edition
- Anne Frank’s Tales from the Secret Annex
- Anne Frank, the Writer: An Unfinished Story; and Anne Frank (The Play)
Other Resources including:
- Video: Biography – Anne Frank: Life of a Young Girl
- Interactive CD ROM: Anne Frank House
- Teaching the Diary of Anne Frank (Scholastic)
- Anne Frank Postcard Set (Large version)
- Rutka’s Notebook: A Voice From the Holocaust (Yad Vashem)
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Information Packet
- Teaching About the Holocaust CD-ROM (USHMM)
- Poster – “Nuremberg Racial Laws, 1935” (USHMM)
- State of Florida Resource Manual on Holocaust Education (Grades 7-8)
- Arnold and Rochelle Belfer Exemplary Lessons Initiative (USHMM)
- Teachers’ Guide to the Holocaust Memorial Center.
Please note: All Teaching Trunks must be picked up and returned to the Holocaust Center in Maitland, FL. Materials will not be shipped or delivered.