Transformative Leadership Workshops
This special program is hosted by the Holocaust Center’s Take Action Initiative and is open to high school and college students.
When: July 01 – July 29
Where: Virtual, Zoom
Youth can be the change we wish to see in the world! Transformative leadership is a model of service-oriented leadership empowers youth to develop themselves so they can best contribute to the betterment of society. Transformative leadership camps give participants a chance to work on their servant leadership skills as a way to be change agents in their communities.
The Holocaust Memorial Resource & Education Center of Florida and the Take Action Institute are hosting these summer workshops in support their vision to build a just and caring community free of antisemitism and all forms of bias and bigotry.
Transformational leadership summer camp is a four-day workshop for high school students hosted on the UCF downtown campus during June. The students participate in interactive individual and team processes including arts, games, lessons, activities and journaling. Students learn skills and capabilities to face the challenges in society today, clarify their values and transform their relationships. We aim for the youth to gain confidence, clarity and ways of thinking out their leadership from a place of collaboration and service. 100% of past workshop attendees said they were likely or very likely to recommend the workshop to other youth.
Student can participate in person in June or online in July by selecting one week that they wish to attend the workshop. Each workshop is capped of 50 participants.
This workshop will meet with some synchronous class time and tie for students to work independently as well. The course will take about 20 hours to complete. Open to high school and college students.
- Week of July 5
- Week of July 25
- Jessica Kerr will lead the online workshops in July. She is an educator and the cofounder of Transformative Leadership for Youth The Team – Transformative Leadership
- TL mentors will accompany and support summer TL Youth camp participants
- Each workshop is a one-week session that is approximately 20 hours for the online format and 25 hours for the in-person format.
- There is a $50 materials fee to participate in the workshop, the workshop is free for those who attended Take Action conference 2022.
- This workshop is also free for TAI Students