Your Voice. Your Power. Your Vote.
Join us for this live, online virtual event featuring Denise Burton
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: September 30, 2020 Noon Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Please click the link below to enter the virtual event.
With the election coming up quickly, it will be important to be informed not only about changes in the voting process, but on the issues. This lunch and learn is being hosted by the League of Women Voters and will help you understand how to make truly informed decisions. During this session, our speaker, Denise Burton will touch on the following topics:
- review the history of voting in the US, starting with the inception of the declaration of Independence in 1776 to present day.
- discuss the importance of voting. She will highlight some very close races to help you understand how your personal vote truly does make a difference!
- explore the top reasons why people chose not to vote and show the solutions to those concerns.
- discuss how and where to register to vote. The on-line voting process will be especially critical this year given the pandemic. This presentation will provide important dates and deadline information to ensure you don’t miss your voting opportunity.
- present resources that will help you be the best educated voter!
Below are some useful links you are welcome to explore prior to this lunch and learn:
Register Now! Only those registering will receive the link to the event.
About our Speaker
Denise Liberatore Burton
League of Women Voters, Voter Services Speakers Bureau Subcommittee Chair
Denise is a Columbia University graduate and has been a structural engineer for 33 years. With a passion for women’s and voting rights, Denise has been active in the League of Women Voters Orange County (LWVOC) Student Outreach Program making presentations and providing voter registration to local high school and college students. She has been a member of the League since 2018.
Thank you to our partners who have helped us promote this initiative: