Customize Your Holocaust Lesson
Teachers are encouraged to contact the Holocaust Center so that the contents of the trunk can be customized for their classroom. The elementary school trunk generally contains books, videos, posters, and other items for interactive activities.
Trunks are filled based on requests and goals of the classroom teacher. A typical trunk might include the following:
- A class set of books (up to 35 copies) of The Upstairs Room by Johanna Reiss
- Single copy of Promise of a New Spring by Gerda Weissmann Klein, The Terrible Things by Eve Bunting, and …I Never Saw Another Butterfly…
- Videos including Daniel’s Story, Eye of the Storm, Nightmare: The Immigration of Joachim and Rachel
- Resources such as Daniel’s Story Video Teacher Guide (U. S. Holocaust Memorial Museum), Artifact Poster Set Teacher Guide (U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum), and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Information Packet
- Posters and photographs from U. S. Holocaust Memorial Museum and the Anti-Defamation League
- Wall map of Europe and historic photographs
- Other items that provide age-appropriate activities, worksheets and learning tools.
Please note: Traveling Teaching Trunks are delivered only to schools in Orange, Seminole, Lake, Volusia, and Osceola Counties. They may be available to other schools provided that they are picked up at and returned to the Holocaust Center by the school.Request an Elementary School Teaching Trunk