Materials about Anne Frank for Classroom Use
The Anne Frank teaching trunk is customizable by grade level and subject and is appropriate for students in grades 5-8. The content includes books and audio-visual materials from the Holocaust that portray the tragic events from the perspective of a teenage girl.
The Anne Frank Teaching Trunks are created on demand based on the classroom teacher’s requirements and goals. Typical contents might include some or all of the following:
Class sets (up to 30 copies) of:
- We Are Witnesses (Text)
- “Anne Frank in the World: 1929-1945” (newspaper)
Single copies of:
- Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl – Definitive Edition
- Anne Frank’s Tales from the Secret Annex
- Anne Frank, the Writer: An Unfinished Story; and Anne Frank (The Play)
Other Resources including:
- Video: Biography – Anne Frank: Life of a Young Girl
- Interactive CD ROM: Anne Frank House
- Teaching the Diary of Anne Frank (Scholastic)
- Anne Frank Postcard Set (Large version)
- Rutka’s Notebook: A Voice From the Holocaust (Yad Vashem)
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Information Packet
- Teaching About the Holocaust CD-ROM (USHMM)
- Poster – “Nuremberg Racial Laws, 1935” (USHMM)
- State of Florida Resource Manual on Holocaust Education (Grades 7-8)
- Arnold and Rochelle Belfer Exemplary Lessons Initiative (USHMM)
- Teachers’ Guide to the Holocaust Memorial Center.
Please note: Traveling Teaching Trunks are delivered only to schools in Orange, Seminole, Lake, Volusia, and Osceola Counties. They may be available to other schools provided that they are picked up at and returned to the Holocaust Center by the school.
Request an Anne Frank Teaching Trunk